Best Places to Travel in South Africa
Are you looking for a new vacation idea that offers a unique experience and something outside of the box? Consider looking into the can offer, which has been known as one of the most remarkable and beautiful countries in the world. Known as “The World in One Country”, you can enjoy the best of the world all in one beautiful and remarkable country. You can find travel packages designed to fit what your needs are for your upcoming trip!
You’ll enjoy everything from wild safaris to diving with white sharks and more. Offering a wonderful array of wildlife, magnificent mountains, divine vineyards, and beautiful beaches, South Africa is a land of diversity. There are a number of South Africa travel deals around that can give you the best of this country allowing you to have an experience you’ll never forget with the best travel deals South Africa can offer!
Leave behind the city life for a while, grab some wheels and the family and take a trip to some of the most beautiful places to travel with South Africa travel packages. Here are just a few you might want to check out, and you can even take part in South Africa travel tours to make sure you see all there is to offer.
Blyde River Canyon
The Blyde River Canyon is tangled in subtropic foliage and is one of the largest canyons on the planet. It’s also one of the deepest canyons that has been naturally made. It’s located along a hot tourist drive called the Panorama Route which offers some of the best holiday destinations in Cape Town. Enjoy a few hotspots along the way, some including waterfalls and some unusual geology. Perhaps one top highlight is the Bourke’s Luck Potholes, which are giant potholes that are now spun into the riverbed.
For the wine lover in you, consider checking this hotspot out. It’s located 45 minutes from Cape Town and has been known as being one of the most picturesque vineyards in the world. Offering amazing mountain views and undulating vineyards, this region offers amazing views you and the family can enjoy. This has become one of the best safari tours in Cape Town and you can also check out Franschhoek and Stellenbosch which are the most popular wine destinations.
Addo Elephant National Park
This park started out as a small project and was a sanctuary with just 11 Addo elephants. Now, it’s one of South Africa’s largest national parks, and it’s probably one of the best places to spot these beautiful and gentle giants. This park has expanded over the years and now offers 5 different sections with each one offering its own characteristics.
Cape Town Holiday Vacations
If you are looking for some of the best holiday destinations in Cape Town, there are a few that might be up your alley. There are many packages you can take advantage of but some of the most desirable places can include:
- Table Mountain: This mountain is flat-topped and rises 1,087 meters south of Cape Town. It’s a constant reminder to people that nature is queen as it offers a stunning seaside city. It’s created from slate and sandstone, and forms from the Cape Peninsula and is located in Table Mountain National Park.
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens: These botanical gardens are part of the Cape Floristic Region UNESCO World Heritage site and are located on the Table Mountain’s eastern slopes. They were established back in 1913 to preserve South Africa’s flora. There are more than 20,000 plant species here that are grown, collected and studied.
- Clifton and Camps Beaches: First Beach has become a favorite for those who love volleyball and it also offers decent surf for the water lover. South of Clifton, Camp’s Bay is backed by Twelve Apostles as well as Lion’s Head peak. People-watching happens here, and you can enjoy chic cafes and other boutique shops for those looking for a more laid-back day shopping and soaking up the scene.
Places to Visit in South Africa, Johannesburg
Johannesburg is often referred to as Jo’burg and the “city of gold”. It’s built on rich history of gold mines. There are funky restaurants, cafes, and more to explore, and if you’re looking for some places to visit, here are a few to consider checking out.
- Apartheid Museum: This museum portrays the Apartheid story with artifacts, photos, personal accounts, and newspaper clippings. Visitors move through a thought-provoking environment that take them on an emotional journey of South Africa’s history. There are paths that lead through decades of oppression as well as the birth of democracy.
- Gold Reef City: Located 8km from the center of the city, you’ll be taken back to the gold rush days. There are theme park rides, historical exhibits and other family-friendly attractions. There are reproductions of buildings from the era and there are tours that take you to the Crown Mines which are some of the richest in the world.
- The Maboneng Precinct: This used to be a run-down neighborhood and is referred to as the “place of light”. It now offers life to tourists and the locals. With funky restaurants and cafes along with galleries and shops, you’ll get a great sense of the area and the rich culture there is to offer. One of the top attractions you’ll find here include its Market on Main which is a weekly event. Offering food from various places all over the continent, you’ll get a taste of what South Africa has to offer.
When it comes to planning a trip to South Africa, make sure you check out package deals. You can save yourself some money and find tours and other deals to help you make the most of your visit to this amazing country.